Behavioral Specialist services provide consultation with school teams to assist in developing appropriate interventions to meet the behavioral, social and emotional needs of students requiring intensive attention in these areas. Some of the particular services can include, but are not limited to:
- Extended observations across settings to help the school team understand the student's pattern of behaviors.
- Assistance with teams in developing a Functional Behavioral Assessment and/or Behavioral Intervention Plan.
- Working with teams, teachers and paraprofessionals intensively with students to develop appropriate cuing systems, proximity control, implementation and monitoring of interventions.
- Availability to consult and collaborate with teams to help determine appropriate accommodations and modifications.
- Availability to consult and collaborate with parents per school team recommendations.
- Provide follow up consultation and collaboration with teachers, parents and teams when requested.
- Collaborate and consult with teams regarding developing appropriate, measurable IEP goals, accommodations, modifications, etc. pertaining to behavioral needs, when requested by teams.
- Assist teams with their needs pertaining to Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) when requested.